Monday, July 19, 2010

Day 97: A Big Fat Zero

Soooooo we didn't head back to the trail today. Our ride, Scatters' friend Alison, said she'd be able to take us back Tuesday morning, so the majority ruled, and we stayed in NYC another day to chill out. Probably my laziest zero day so far! I got all my errands done, so all I had to do (on a Monday - ha!) was sit around. It's nice to have down time, but I think I'm ready to get back on the trail. (Plus, I feel really ultra dorky walking around the city in my hiker clothes!!)

This blog entry should be another short one, full of only non-AT happenings. After Dana and Mike left for work in the morning, I had breakfast, a thunderstorm rolled through, then I walked the 8 blocks over to where Scatters and One Life were staying. We watched a few movies and ate ALL day. A very nice recovery day all round. I got updates for my phone, took care of more warranty stuff (this time for my leatherman), internetted, and took a nap. I wanted to see all my friends in New York, but I also wanted to decompress and re-energize. Sorry to all those I missed while here! I'll try to make it back before long... Maybe on my way from Maine back to DC? (And congrats to Timon and Michelle!!! A healthy baby boy!!!)







One Life and I walked back to Dana's apartment for dinner, and I caught the sunset on their rooftop porch. She made an awesome pesto pasta, and we talked about high school times while we ate and looked at old photos. After we finished, One Life headed back to Scatters' friend (Stephanie)'s place for bed, and Dana and I cleaned up before putting on pajamas. Too short of a stay! But just long enough for a break.

I'm excited to get back out there. Hope my legs still work!!
(0)


-- Posted from the trail...

Location:Brooklyn Heights

2 comments:

Capetribber said...

Decided to stay another day in new york??!! why am I not surprised?

Unknown said...

Hey lady! Sorry I missed you while you were in nyc! Didn't see the post until after you'd left, and I was working insane hours at the time anyway, but still would have loved to see you! Hope all is well!