Saturday, June 26, 2010

Day 74: Back Towards the Trail

Woke up to an amazing breakfast prepared by my mom. HUGE pancakes and fruit and cheesy eggs and juice. So good! I just wish I had been hungrier. I could only handle a regular-person portion... (it must be all the non-hiking)




We all packed everything up (Powder did his best to deflate the air mattress), and soon after my friend Connie showed up, we took off for Harpers Ferry. Xan, Neutron and I chatted with Connie while Powder and Russell rode up with Dan. It was a quick trip to Little Foot's house, where we had a few cold drinks and snacks. Connie had to leave, but before she did, we went to pick up One Life who had rolled into town an hour or so ago. Connie dropped us back off at the house to get ready to watch the USA-Ghana game. She tried hard to resist the urge to hang out and eat and watch the game, but then One Life and I convinced her to stay for the first half. Yay! More Connie!

Little Foot grilled up hot dogs and hamburgers and we all ate and watched the game. Connie left at halftime (thanks so much for helping us out, TripF!!), and then rest of us hoped hard for a USA comeback in overtime. Unfortunately, it didn't come, and we were all left in a funky, saddened mood. Xan, all of a sudden, realized he forgot to get his package at the ATC on Thursday. The office closed at 5pm, and it was 5:14. Though the plan was to hike out after the game, the combination of the all-round poor mood and the resupply package whoopsie, we decided to stay the night here and hike out tomorrow. Four zero days in a row! I guess I deserve it. 1000 miles and all...


The evening consisted of planning my future mail drops, BBQ chicken, catching up with blogging, ice cream, AT movies, and The Life Aquatic. I'm itching to get back on the trail and try out the new shoes, but my return will have to wait until the morning. Hope it doesn't get too hot tomorrow. It's been deadly out there the past few days.

Hiking!!
(0)


-- Posted from the trail...

Location:Knoxville, MD

No comments: