Thursday, June 24, 2010

Day 72: DC Summertime

So hot today!!! I didn't forget how hot it gets here in the summer, but it definitely made the Atlanta boys feel at home.




I got up and dropped my mom off at work. Then I picked up Powder at Leah's house (he's staying there with the dog) before coming back for breakfast. No need to pack up since we'd be staying another night, but the guys packed a few sandwiches and snacks before I dropped them off at the Lincoln Memorial. They were going to do the tourist thing while I went off to surprise my old office. And it worked! Great surprised faces all around!! I chatted with everyone for a while before having to take off. It was so nice to see everyone! It made me kinda miss working there... (but not working...)


I picked up Amy from work and we went over to Trader Joes. I picked up a few things for dinner and tried to redeem a lotto ticket that had gotten damaged in the rain (no luck). We went over to Amy's house for a second to see her animals and then I was headed back to Capitol Hill.

I went over to Leah's house and hung out with Russell (the dog) for a bit. He didn't know what to think of the drastic temperature change after I took him out for a walk. He's probably just as happy as we are that we are not hiking in this weather.

I drove down to the mall to pick up the boys, but Xan and Neutron were fine to keep on museuming at the Air & Space museum. Powder and I went back to the apt to lay low before cooking dinner. Mom and Dan got home shortly after, and then it was time to cook a birthday meal.

A few friends came over to hang and the boys showed up right when dinner was ready. Ten of us feasted and caught up and watched the draft, and everyone had a great time - most of all my mom! Funny that it was HER birthday and I had all MY friends over. Ha! I'm just glad she enjoys my friends and had a good night.

Tomorrow to REI!
(0)


-- Posted from the trail...

Location:Washington, DC

No comments: