Sunday, May 16, 2010

Day 32: Two Zeros!?

Woke up early. Went to the library for internet and to print a page out I needed to return my SPOT locator. Next was the post office to send the SPOT back (hope it gets fixed!! I will update...) and to bounce a package up the trail. Errands DONE! Also stopped by the Baptist Church which puts on a free medical clinic every year to get my blister and poison ivy checked out (they were too busy yesterday). They said I should use a Cortizone cream and that I should take a week off and keep it dry. Ah... Not gonna happen doc. But I will get the cream.

[Btw, sorry about not getting blog entries up!! I write everything out on my phone, and if my phone doesn't have service, then I can't post entries. And sometimes, if I have spotty phone service, it doesn't mean I can upload the blog bits. Frustrating? Yup.]

Sooo, I wandered back to Tent City. Hung out for a bit before the parade would start. Many hikers (most?) hike in the trail days parade down main street and it always turns into a water fight! Tradtionally, there are always water balloons, water guns, super soakers, hoses, and buckets/bottles of water all over the place... I went over with a few kids and it was very fun to be a part of it. Little kids going at hikers with water guns and then getting pegged by a water balloons.

I lost my group, but somehow found Backwards again near the vendors (he's tall). There would be a hiker talent show (after the auction), so we sat down in front in the shade (it was HOT out). He got a funnel cake and deep fried Oreos (wow good), and I got a big fat burrito. The talent show was, um, interesting, but pretty entertaining. Definitely some good talent in the group, but a few question marks as well... Good stuff.

Back to tent city. Still Steve was there! Caught up a bit (and showed him the picture of him in the paper I clipped out) and then a group went off to dinner. Time for a nap. Blogged a little, tended to my itches, and rested, but tent walls are thin. Between the strong wind, the close-by conversations and the sporatic rain, I don't think I slept, but I rested.


Tonight was similar to last night. Big fire. Drum circle. Dancing. Drinking. Wandering around... There seemed to be a little less energy in the air than the night before, but still lots of good times running into different people in the dark and just joking around. Late night s'mores were a nice bonus.

Tomorrow back hiking?? Um.... wha?

(0)


-- Posted from the trail...

Location:E Laurel Ave,Damascus,United States

No comments: