Thursday, May 13, 2010

Day 30: Day 30!!?!!?

Thirty miles on day 30. Holy hell. So tired. Ok, it was only 29.1, bit still my biggest day so far. Rolled into the Trail Days around 8:40pm - 12 hours of hiking! Sandman and I pushed through. My left foot was killing me, but I'm glad we made it. I got seperated from him at Tent City (where all the hikers tent) and ended up just setting my tent up in an open spot. It's a maze in here! Not an open field at all, but a collection of areas in trees by a stream. So confusing not coming in here while it's light out! I just want a shower and laundry and to deal with my poison ivy, but I'm just gonna go to sleep. I'll deal with it tomorrow. Maybe find Xan and Brian. I already ran into a bunch of familiar faces (Backwards, Mohawk, the Chicken Pot Pie group...), so there's hope!



The story of today was basically walking. Started at 8:30am. Stopped at 8:30pm. LOTS of snacks. Big miles. I led the whole day (hopefully at a good pace...?) Great weather. Two doses of trail magic (cold sodas (orange box photo) and hot bean soup (man and umbrella photo)). Hurty feet.



We shall see what madness trail days brings tomorrow!

Oh, and I am now done with Georgia, North Carolina, AND Tennessee!! I'm in Virginia now!! (and will be for about a month...)



(29.1)


-- Posted from the trail...


Location:E Laurel Ave,Damascus,United States

No comments: