Tuesday, April 6, 2010

I'm Unemployed

And it's so much better than working! (minus the no-paycheck thing, of course...)

And the weather's so great! Well, crazy... Very hot... Way too hot for early April! Wait, it's only April!? It was 90 today! This is crazy...

This afternoon, I had what might be my last trip to REI today (I love it there), and it was bittersweet. Luckily, the store was empty (at 2:30 on a Tuesday - weird), and one of the staff members who had completed the AT a few years ago was there. Chris. VERY HELPFUL! I basically adopted him as my personal REI guy and together we walked each aisle going over every possible subject and questions about gaiters, socks, stuff sacks and solar chargers... (tho I did come up with a few more after I left.) He made sure I did not get the things I didn't need (love when "sales people" tell you NOT to get something), and ensured me that I was making the best decision EVER to attempt this thru hike. He had a fantastic experience and met amazing people and (despite 10 straight days of rain in New England) would do it again in a heartbeat if he could. Well, that sure made me smile.

Last bike ride out to Mt Vernon tomorrow morning! (and further procrastination from the hundreds of things I still need to do..........ugh)

No comments: