Tuesday, March 9, 2010

Told the boss!

He took it very well and is quite excited for me, but made me feel pretty horrible for not telling him sooner! Geez, Karim! Yes, we are friends, and yes, it's not for another job but for a life-changing experience, but I didn't want to tell you till I knew it was gonna happen... Well, it's happening, and I hope you can make it out for a weekend (smiley).

Got back a day ago from a two-week vacation. Lots of beautiful weather was following me around as I traveled from Seattle to Vancouver to Portland to Boulder to Denver, and I got LOTS of outdoor time. Walked and hiked around when I could, and my confidence for this thru-hike has intensified. I also stopped by the Boulder REI and the Denver REI, where my blood gets hot and my legs twitch with anticipation. And the mountains! There were beautiful mountains everywhere! and I loved being away from work (who doesn't!?).

So, now that I'm back in DC and at work, I've got to figure out when to make it official to HR and the boss' boss (who was in a gloriously horrid mood yesterday), and then start changing my address on bills and stop my renters insurance, etc. Much left to do all round! At least I feel like I'm pretty set with all my gear.

Spring is here today!! And DST begins on Sunday - yay!!

No comments: