Thursday, March 11, 2010

It's supposed to rain

It's supposed to rain for the next few days. I should probably get out in it and test all the rain gear. I'll only need to do this once, right? Cause after I know that everything works well, then I shouldn't use it unless I need to, and I won't need to until I'm out on the trail. Ok, I can probably get out in it this weekend. I just wish I had a mud room.

On a different note... I'm struggling with trying to estimate my schedule. Part of the appeal of this hike is the "just go" mentality of it. Freedom from my calendar... Forgetting which day of the week it is... Stopping when I need to... Going fast when I'm feeling great... Staying in a shelter for a few more hours while the thunderstorm passes. Long days, short days - how am I supposed to know where I'm going to be and when?! So maybe I should just chop the whole thing in half, then half again, then half again and put dates on those eight points? It'll be a rough estimate no matter what, I guess. I'll try to just do my best for now, and I'll make edits as I need to along the way.

Oh the stress!

No comments: